John McCain has been Arizona’s senator for 25 years. Here’s what John McCain has said and done over the course of his time in the senate in regards to women’s health.
1. John McCain opposes equal pay legislation, saying it wouldn’t do “anything to help the rights of women.”
3. John McCain opposes comprehensive, medically accurate sex education.
4. John McCain opposes common sense funding to prevent unintended and teen pregnancies.
6. John McCain opposes Roe v. Wade and says it should be overturned.
7. John McCain opposes restoring family planning services for low-income women.
8. John McCain wants to nominate Supreme Court justices who are “clones” of conservative Justices Alito and Roberts.
9. When asked whether contraceptives help stop the spread of HIV, John McCain said he was “stumped.”
10. In his 25 years in Washington, DC, John McCain has voted against women’s reproductive rights and privacy 125 times.
Planned Parenthood Arizona provides health care and education to over 70,000 women, men, and teens across Arizona every year. That’s why we’re especially concerned about John McCain’s record on reproductive and health care issues.
HALF of all women asked don’t know the truth about John McCain. You can help change that! Spread the word by tweeting, emailing, and sharing this post on all of your social networks.
Arizona deserves a change. It’s time to get a pro-choice senator to represent us in Washington. “The Planned Parenthood Action Fund is proud to endorse Rodney Glassman for U.S. senator,” said Cecile Richards, president of the Planned Parenthood Action Fund. Glassman has been a strong advocate for women and women’s rights in public service and charitable giving. As a U.S. senator, he will continue to fight for women and reproductive health care rights.”
Check out our website for a complete list of Planned Parenthood Advocates of Arizona’s endorsed candidates.